Do You Comply with FDA Labeling and Supplier Audit Criteria Changes?
- April 25, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: RQA News
Ready or not, forward we must go! In March 2023, the FDA’s Public Health Emergency announced that certain labeling flexibility, which was allowed during COVID-19 to support food supply chain customer demand, is expiring on May 11, 2023. It’s critical that your organization is ready. Readiness includes reviewing labels and menus and updating information, where applicable, to ensure compliance to the relevant regulations that were in effect prior to the pandemic. Examples may include the following requirements:
- The need for packaged food at restaurants to have nutritional labels
- The need for shelled egg labelling
- Menu labelling requirements
- Accurate labels to reflect formulation changes
- Vending machine food labeling
- Requirement for FSVP onsite supplier verification audits & more
RQA expert consultants can help with readiness assessments, label reviews, and supplier audits. Visit https://www.rqa-inc.com/na/contact/ to learn more about our consulting services.
To read the FDA announcement: